nanog mailing list archives

Re: Any way to collect network usage data for dial-up subscriber

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 11:54:33 -0500

radius

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 10:37 AM aun Joe <sj_hznm () hotmail com> wrote:

NANOGers ,

     is there anyway for AAA to get special  online subscriber usage
information without enable interim accouting on BRAS?

    Reading through RADIUS protocol , it seems that if we want to get
online subscriber information enable interim accounting on BRAS is the only
way .
     But, if enable that on BRAS ,, all online subscribers accouting
infromation will be reported periodically.  that will generate too much
load on AAA , and
    we  need to monitor a small set of subscribers  only.

  thanks in advance.

joe sun