nanog mailing list archives

Re: A Zero Spam Mail System [Feedback Request]

From: Töma Gavrichenkov <ximaera () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 11:52:52 +0300

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019, 9:56 AM Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer () nic fr wrote:

Sequoia Capital is one of the well known venture firm in the
world. They have invested in over 250 companies since 1972,
including Apple, Google, Oracle, PayPal, Stripe, YouTube, Instagram,
Yahoo! and WhatsApp.

Come on, most people on this list have a lot of experience with the
wonderful world of Silicon Valley startups. We have seen a lot of
dollars invested in really stupid projects. "One VC gave me money"
proves nothing, except that some people have too much money and too
little sense.

Well, if I read it correctly, that VC hasn't in fact ever given the OP a
cent.  *Sometimes*, VCs might make obvious mistakes, that's right, but
their balance sheets prove it doesn't happen quite often.

--
Töma