nanog mailing list archives

RE: Elephant in the room - Akamai

From: Clayton Zekelman <clayton () MNSi Net>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2019 10:05:16 -0500

Our AANP cache seems to have done the same in the past 2 nights. Lots of traffic that has never been there before. It has however not reduced the amount of traffic we're getting from AS20940 directly - still hit a new record level last night.

We've got a request in with them for a PNI. If things keep growing at this rate, we might need two!

Over the years, I've questioned how much the AANP boxes really did for us, as their in:out ratio seemed almost balanced. If the last two nights are an indication, then they're worth keeping.