nanog mailing list archives

Re: Corporate Identity Theft: Azuki, LLC -- AS13389, 216.179.128.0/17

From: Niels Bakker <niels=nanog () bakker net>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 02:38:20 +0200

* rfg () tristatelogic com (Ronald F. Guilmette) [Sat 10 Aug 2019, 02:26 CEST]:
As far as I am aware, no RIR makes any effort whatsoever to vet changes to WHOIS records, either for IP blocks or ASNs or ORG records.

This is hilarious. You should hear the whining from any EU-based operator who has to implement the transfer of RIPE NCC resources in a corporate acquisition.

I recently was involved with one of those and the amount of due diligence required by the RIPE NCC was pretty intense. If I were at an RIR I'd be insulted by your claim of "no... effort whatsoever".

        -- Niels.