nanog mailing list archives

Re: Reaching out to ARIN members about their RPKI INVALID prefixes

From: John Curran <jcurran () arin net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 12:06:00 +0000

On 18 Sep 2018, at 1:23 PM, Owen DeLong <owen () delong com> wrote:

Personally, since all RPKI accomplishes is providing a cryptographically signed notation of origin ASNs that
hijackers should prepend to their announcements in order to create an aura of credibility, I think we should stop
throwing resources down this rathole.

Owen -

Other than use of resources towards an initiative that some operators value (and others do not), is there any reason
that notifying RPKI users about invalid prefixes is not a wise idea; i.e. are you aware of any technical downside to
doing so?

/John

John Curran
President and CEO