nanog mailing list archives

Re: CLS to CLS Latency info

From: Ben Cannon <ben () 6by7 net>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 00:59:48 -0700

I’d be astonished if they varied much from lightspeed.

-Ben

On Oct 29, 2018, at 8:11 PM, Mehmet Akcin <mehmet () akcin net> wrote:

Hello there

I have been searching for CLS (Cable Landing Station) to CLS latency infirnation for submarine cables. I was able to
identify only a handful of them via sales catalogs. I am still missing like 320~ systems, does wnyone have this info
available?

If i can’t find the data, i am going to formulate from lentgh of fiber diveded by speed of light on fibre (~ +\-
resistance) but I really would prefer actual ping ;)

This is for www.networkatlas.org project. Thank you in advance!

Mehmet
--
Mehmet