nanog mailing list archives

Re: bloomberg on supermicro: sky is falling

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 16:53:19 -0400

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 4:39 PM Naslund, Steve <SNaslund () medline com> wrote:
Make a second account at your bank.  One account is
'storage' and has all your money.  You never use
the 'storage account' ATM card for anything outside
your bank's ATM machines.

Doubling the service fees from your bank.

Hi Steve,

Your bank charges you service fees?

When I opened an additional checking account so I'd have something to
link paypal to, it was free.

The second one is where you only keep $50-$100 in
it.  When you use your ATM card it's only this account
that's used.  Just before you make a purchase, move
money from your 'storage account' into your 'active
account' and make the purchase.

Don’t really want to be doing transfers with service fees
every time I decide to fill up the gas tank.

Your bank charges you a service fee to move money from one account to
another at the same bank? Weird. Also, why would you buy gas (or
anything else) with a debit card? Your legal liability protections
with a credit card are better. Under the Fair Credit Billing Act, the
consumer's maximum liability for a credit card breach is $50 and most
banks waive that as well.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin ................ herrin () dirtside com  bill () herrin us
Dirtside Systems ......... Web: <http://www.dirtside.com/>