nanog mailing list archives

Re: CVV (was: Re: bloomberg on supermicro: sky is falling)

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 22:26:15 +0200

On 9/Nov/18 20:26, Bill Woodcock wrote:

That was true a few years ago, but it’s been at least a year since I’ve seen a swipe anywhere.  The change happened
quite quickly.  It’s all been chip, or chip-and-pin, for at least a year.

In the last 2 years, I've seen the rise of PIN-based transactions in the
U.S., and this is great.

But between San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco, Chicago, Hawaii and
Seattle for my 2017/2018 U.S. visits, there are just about as many
merchants supporting PIN's as there are that don't.

Mark.