nanog mailing list archives

Re: CVV (was: Re: bloomberg on supermicro: sky is falling)

From: Bill Woodcock <woody () pch net>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 10:26:40 -0800

On Nov 8, 2018, at 1:11 AM, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu> wrote:
It has always been curious to me how/why the U.S., with one of the
largest economies in the world, still do most card-based transactions as
a swipe in lieu of a PIN-based approach.

That was true a few years ago, but it’s been at least a year since I’ve seen a swipe anywhere.  The change happened
quite quickly.  It’s all been chip, or chip-and-pin, for at least a year.

                                -Bill