nanog mailing list archives

IRR AS-SET best practices - AS-SET Clash

From: Alain Hebert <ahebert () pubnix net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 09:21:15 -0500

    Hi,

    We have a case when someone decided to create an AS-SET of the same name as ours.

    It kinda messed up with our peering (hopefully he got it worst).

    Management feedback was mostly "who do we sue?" and we know it isn't that simple.

    So,

        Any feedback on best practices and "other avenue" about IRR naming?

    PS: I have to understand that we're not in the 90's anymore and younglings just don't give a damn :(

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert () pubnix net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443