nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP Community Support WAS: Re: Cogent vs. HE ;-) WAS: Anyone using Cogent Ethernet

From: Dan White <dwhite () olp net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 15:35:18 -0600

On 01/23/18 19:17 +0000, James Breeden wrote:
I've seen the onestep list but the presentation is helpful. I guess my
question was moreso to the people side of communities vs the
technicalities of communities - what ones do people find themselves using
most often and what do they wish was available from providers that really
isn't otherwise out there?

The most useful to me:

Blackhole this prefix
Only advertise this prefix to your customers
Prepend my/your ASN to this prefix X number of times
Do not readvertise this prefix to any content caches you host

and I'd like to see more transits offer BFD.

--
Dan White