nanog mailing list archives

Re: Customer woes and ps3 network

From: Grant Taylor via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2018 16:58:30 -0700

On 01/07/2018 04:12 PM, Michael Crapse wrote:
I have a customer on a ps3, and he can't seem to connect to the psn. Keeps getting the 80710016 error. If there is anyone that can help me troubleshoot this issue, that would be great.

I have yet to see the packets on the wire lie.

Further, the packets on the wire will likely give you a starting point.

After searching for the error, this may not be a problem with the network at all. One report I saw says that the error can come from banned / blacklisted IPs. So you may be looking for a non-existent network problem.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die