nanog mailing list archives

Re: IRR Cleanliness

From: "Mick O'Donovan" <mick () mickod ie>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2018 09:54:38 +0000

On Sat 15 Dec 2018 at 09:17, Joe Provo <nanog-post () rsuc gweep net> wrote:

Being listed in an as-macro doesn't affect your use of the AS
or use of it in any IRR.

Many providers will list customers (for filter generation) without
express consent. Some folks will lump peers in categories through
IRR data. There's certainly nothing amiss in using as-macros even
for non-neighbors in a number of cases, enumerting ASNs one will
[de]preference from a certain set of peers or will drop entirely
for example.

Often such policies exist but aren't published. ;-)

Cheers!

Joe

--
Posted from my personal account - see X-Disclaimer header.
Joe Provo / Gweep / Earthling

+1

I wouldn’t see this as odd behaviour either.

Mick