nanog mailing list archives

Re: Is WHOIS going to go away?

From: Rubens Kuhl <rubensk () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 18:41:36 -0300

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 6:35 PM, Aaron C. de Bruyn via NANOG <
nanog () nanog org> wrote:

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 2:27 PM Naslund, Steve <SNaslund () medline com>
wrote:

They did not in fact have the "right" to publish those pamphlets.

Now we're way off-topic, but our constitution acknowledges that is a
pre-existing right.  The constitution didn't grant it to you.  (Rights are
inherent, privileges are granted)

People have the right to speak, write, and publish whatever they want.

-A

Free speech is not the same as anonymity in all jurisdictions. In mine,
anonymity is forbidden by the constitution... in some, anonymity is
considered part of free speech. Matching local laws to a global policy is a
challenge.

Rubens