nanog mailing list archives

RE: Purchased IPv4 Woes

From: "Chuck Church" <chuckchurch () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 11:11:41 -0400

Maybe a silly idea, but shouldn't the sale of a block of addresses (RIR ownership change) trigger a removal of that
block from all reputation list databases?  If I buy a car from a police auction, I'm fairly sure the FBI doesn't start
tailing me, because the car was once used for less than legal purposes.  New owner, clean slate.

Chuck