nanog mailing list archives

Re: Some advice on IPv6 planning and ARIN request, please

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 09:55:00 -0400

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 11:09 PM, Mark Andrews <marka () isc org> wrote:

If I had 32 departments and were wanting to give them equal sized
allocations then I'd give them a /53 each which is 2064 subnets
each.  It isn't that hard to do 8 delegations in the reverse tree
for each of the 32 departments.  Delegation on nibble boundaries
is for convience and nothing else.

For comprehensibility which nets convenience. Consistently delegate on
nibble boundaries and your power users don't have to understand Boolean
algebra to make sense of the network.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin ................ herrin () dirtside com  bill () herrin us
Dirtside Systems ......... Web: <http://www.dirtside.com/>