nanog mailing list archives

Re: Bandwidth Savings

From: Mike Hammett <nanog () ics-il net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 07:35:12 -0600 (CST)

Peering is great when you can get to the IX inexpensively. I assume that glass that goes underwater has a significant
increase in cost and therefore the cost savings of peering would be minuscule in comparison to the cost of the rest of
the connectivity.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions