nanog mailing list archives

Re: Waste will kill ipv6 too

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 22:13:27 -0500

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 8:11 PM, Scott Weeks <surfer () mauigateway com> wrote:

Stop thinking in terms of people.  Think in
terms of huge numbers of 'things' in the
ocean, in the atmosphere, in space, zillions
of 'things' on and around everyone's bodies
and homes and myriad other 'things' we can't
even imagine right now.

Think in terms of system architectures where the address space is fully
consumed when empty to more than 20 decimal places. Because we're idiots
and actually designed it that way.

--
William Herrin ................ herrin () dirtside com  bill () herrin us
Dirtside Systems ......... Web: <http://www.dirtside.com/>