nanog mailing list archives

Re: Companies using public IP space owned by others for internal routing

From: Ca By <cb.list6 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 23:01:20 +0000

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 5:54 PM Mark Andrews <marka () isc org> wrote:

As someone who has written a DNS64 implementation - DO NOT USE DNS64.
DNS64 breaks stuff.

Use MAP-T.  For those of you using DNS64 on the cellar side MAP-T can use
the NAT64 you already have.

Mark

That’s just your opinion, man. Works for me and my 70 million customers.

Anything that is broken by DNS64 can be properly fixed by eliminating the
need for it — by deploying ipv6. DNS64 only appears when the far end
resource is single stacked (!)

We won’t be held hostage by folks who refuse to deploy ipv6, those days are
over

Happy holidays!