nanog mailing list archives

Packets Broker (aka: WAN Accelerator (aka: Congestion Algorithms (aka: You call yourself a network engineer?) )

From: Alain Hebert <ahebert () pubnix net>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 19:34:41 -0500

    Hi,

We're used to fix Long Fat Network issues ourself...

    But I'm stuck in a case where we need to transparently proxy TCP connections to apply congestion algorithms (cubic, htcp, etc) since some of our newer customers are ... well ... refusing to acknowledge that reality.

    Any good lead for a 1U platform averaging ~10Gbps of throughput, that isn't some PC hack in a box?

    ( off-lists would be nice, unless you think that could be useful to others )

    Thanks for your time.

--
-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert () pubnix net