nanog mailing list archives

Re: PlayStationNetwork blocking of CGNAT public addresses

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 00:27:42 -0400

On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 11:29:49 +1000, Mark Andrews said:

What we need is business tech reporters to continually report on
these failures of content providers to deliver their services over
IPv6.  20 years lead time should be enough for any service.

Interestingly enough, the Playstation 4 has at least rudimentary IPv6
support - it will DHCPv6 and answer pings.  Threw me for a loop first
time I saw it, I couldn't figure out what unaccounted-for gear I had
that was grabbing an IPv6 address... :)