nanog mailing list archives

Re: Questions re: VPN protocols globally

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 12:01:54 -0400

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 11:15 PM, Eric Germann <ekgermann () semperen com>
wrote:

I’ve been charged with building a global VPN as an overlay on top of a
certain 3 letter company who also sells lots of stuff.

you say 'vpn' do you mean 'mpls vpn' or 'ipsec vpn over intertubes' ?

We’re looking at

US East
US West
US Central (eventually)
Brazil
Singapore
Frankfurt
Ireland
Sydney
Maybe Canada
Maybe India (outsourcesrs)

In the planning stages now and wondering if there are any protocols I need
to stay away from ITAR wise with this list of countries.

Contemplating Suite B with GCM, etc and AES acceleration.

most places dont' really care about encryption if your use is 'for
corporate use', not providing use by external parties (internet access
sorts of things), I believe.