nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP peering strategies for smaller routers

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 16:31:53 -0400

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 3:50 PM, Gustav Ulander
<gustav.ulander () telecomputing se> wrote:
Yes I can confirm that we also had the issue with the asr1001s.
For us the router was fine until we upgraded it. When
we rebooted it after the upgrade it ran out of memory
when populating 2 full feeds.
When we contacted TAC they confirmed that indeed
it was a memory problem and that we would need to
add more memory to the box.

Hi Gustav,

IMO, you should not accept that answer from the TAC. An IOS release
that crashes with two 600k BGP feeds in 4 gigs of RAM is badly
defective.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin ................ herrin () dirtside com  bill () herrin us