nanog mailing list archives

Re: Network traffic simulator

From: Dave Bell <me () geordish org>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 22:55:46 +0100

I've used Spirent in the past. They do a hardware option, as well as a VM.
Lots of things supported like BGP, and PPP.

Regards,
Dave

On 24 May 2016 at 21:31, Jason Lixfeld <jason+nanog () lixfeld ca> wrote:

I’m in the process of building a box using MoonGen [1] and a supported
Intel 82599 6 port SFP+ NIC [2] that is coming in at just under US$3800
all-in.  Supposed to be able to drive at least the entire card at line rate
for that price and have enough CPU and memory slots free to fill the box up
with as many of these NICs as it will take if need be.

[1] https://github.com/emmericp/MoonGen
[2]
http://www.interfacemasters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=153&Itemid=103

On May 24, 2016, at 8:17 AM, Mitchell Lewis <mitchell () dash-networks com>