nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cogent Communications

From: Todd Crane <todd.crane () n5tech com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 23:15:25 -0700

As a Cogent customer, I say ‘good luck’

Last time I called them on a Friday night, it was because they announcing (not originating but bad nevertheless) the
IPv6 default route. The NOC “engineer” I spoke with adamantly insisted that there was nothing wrong with this. After
about a half hour I gave up. The next morning, another tech, wanted an error message or a route as an example. It
wasn’t until Monday morning that they blocked the route.

All I know is that when our contract is up, I can assure you, we won’t make the same mistake twice.