nanog mailing list archives

Re: automated site to site vpn recommendations

From: Geoff Wolf AB3LS <liltechdude13 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 22:50:39 -0400

I have a feeling that most if not all of the requirements you have could be
achieved with a Cisco ISR router running some kind of FlexVPN/DMVPN setup
back to a network VPN hub. The ISR G3 series has the option of enabling a
built in firewall/IPS. You'd need a RADIUS solution to authenticate the VPN
from the spoke router in the field to the hub and also for 802.1X port
authentication. Depending upon the number of port's you'd need, a
downstream switch may be needed (ISR4331 has optional 4-port PoE switch
module).
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security-vpn/ipsec-architecture-implementation/200031-Zero-Touch-Deployment-ZTD-of-VPN-Remot.html

That said, I think this would be a huge headache compared to what can be
done with Meraki. It would also involve a TON of R&D time (believe me).

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 7:38 PM, Tim Raphael <raphael.timothy () gmail com>