nanog mailing list archives

Re: NANOG67 - Tipping point of community and sponsor bashing?

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 07:38:01 +0200

On 17/Jun/16 19:31, Seth Mattinen wrote:

I would expect some kind of MRC if it has any SLA, service, or support
attached. Or someone manages it and protects the infrastructure and
enforces the rules of the facility. Or the facility uses that money to
maintain the MMR. If it's a free for all where anyone can accidentally
unplug it or cut it or rummage around in the overhead causing damage
then free is fine. What I don't accept is variable pricing depending
on what the xconnect is carrying or what it's for. I don't buy into
the thought process that an xconnect is more expensive if it's
carrying 10GbE vs. GigE when they're both SMF.

You won't see this is typical carrier-neutral facilities.

You're more likely to see this in telco- or consortium-owned facilities,
in specific regions that exploit telecommunications requirements to milk
customers.

Mark.