nanog mailing list archives

Re: NANOG67 - Tipping point of community and sponsor bashing?

From: Daniel Golding <dgolding () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 00:15:08 +0000

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 12:58 PM Will Hargrave <will () harg net> wrote:

{snip}

Dan Golding disagreed with me but I can certainly speak for LONAP where
I feel our mission of “promoting efficient interconnection in the
UK” is hugely enhanced by our ability to provide services in any of
our current seven datacentres, across four different operators. London
would not be the great city of interconnection it is without the east
London cluster of DCs from different operators.

Of course, that's not what I said, but only people who were present
actually know that. You said that LONAP's distributed strategy "kept
datacenters honest" to use your exact quote. That implied some sort of
benefit for members in acting as some sort of counterweight to (rapacious?)
data center providers. I made the point that distributed IX's don't really
impact power or space costs in data centers. I can provide actual data on
this, if you would like.

Dan

{snip}

Will