nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 is better than ipv4

From: Ca By <cb.list6 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 09:55:40 -0700

On Thursday, June 2, 2016, Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
wrote:

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 12:23 PM, Daniel Corbe <dcorbe () hammerfiber com
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','dcorbe () hammerfiber com');>> wrote:

Maybe we should let people believe that IPv6 is faster than IPv4 even if
objectively that isn’t true.  Perhaps that will help speed along the
adoption process.

​do we REALLY think it's still just /marketing problem/ that keeps v6
deployment on the slow-boat?​

YMMV, but the majority of my customers are ipv6. And for those customers
with ipv6, 73% of their traffic is e2e IPv6.

I agree that there are many dark corners of Santa Cruz without IPv6, but
the story is: the whales of content and eyeballs are on IPv6, and it is
cheaper (no cgn) and faster (RUM data) than the ipv4 alternative.

Does it really matter what single digit % of Alexa 1M has a AAAA?