nanog mailing list archives

Re: Netflix VPN detection - actual engineer needed

From: Damian Menscher <menscher () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 14:18:56 -0700

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 4:43 PM, Baldur Norddahl <baldur.norddahl () gmail com>
wrote:

Den 4. jun. 2016 01.26 skrev "Cryptographrix" <cryptographrix () gmail com>:

The information I'm getting from Netflix support now is explicitly
telling
me to turn off IPv6 - someone might want to stop them before they
completely kill US IPv6 adoption.

Not allowing he.net tunnels is not killing ipv6. You just need need native
ipv6.

This entire thread confuses me.  Are there normal home users who are being
blocked from Netflix because their ISP forces them through a HE VPN?  Or is
this massive thread just about a handful of geeks who think IPv6 is cool
and insist they be allowed to use it despite not having it natively?  I
could certainly understand ISP concerns that they are receiving user
complaints because they failed to provide native IPv6 (why not?), but
whining that you've managed to create a non-standard network setup doesn't
work with some providers seems a bit silly.

Damian