nanog mailing list archives

Re: Google Contact

From: Damian Menscher via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 09:33:02 -0800

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 12:08 PM, James Downs <egon () egon cc> wrote:

On Jan 26, 2016, at 09:40, Adam Loveless <adam.loveless () gmail com>
wrote:

Any Google engineers that can contact me off list? Seems our address
space
has been blacklisted by Google and we have to enter captchas for them
now.

Blacklisting IP space is rare (blocks will expire), but sometimes if abuse
is seen from a broad range of IPs they can all be blocked (to handle
hosting providers that give customers lots of IPs).

Is that the capture that happens in front of certain websites? I had that
happen for two totally unrelated IP blocks. They eventually cleared within
a day or two, but I think they’re having problems with the detection
systems.

The detection systems are working as intended.

The captcha also didn’t work right for the site I was trying to access
(hackernews).

Please send details off-list including: URL, timestamp, source IP, observed
behavior, and anything unusual about your setup (like disabling cookies).

Damian