nanog mailing list archives

Re: Arista unqualified SFP

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 14:45:31 +0200

On 18/Aug/16 14:42, Nick Hilliard wrote:

It is always better to clarify this sort of thing with the account
management team before purchasing, and preferably have it in email or
writing.  After that, the best approach is to ask support and/or account
management nicely rather than "bitching and moaning" as someone else
suggested - diplomacy is usually a better long term basis for having a
good relationship with your vendor.  Often it's useful to point out
discussions like this which indicate that it's been enabled for other
people.

+1.

We politely said to Arista, "We like your box, but we're afraid that if
we can't use our existing optics, we'd all miss out on a good
opportunity working together".

That did the job.

Mark.