nanog mailing list archives

Re: Mobile providers in the US for backup access

From: Dovid Bender <dovid () telecurve com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 14:49:07 -0400

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I also wanted to know if any
providers offered unlimited 2g since in some cases they want to stream back
some audio as well.

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 2:16 PM, Dovid Bender <dovid () telecurve com> wrote:

A while ago some people mentioned that some US carriers have basic
internet plans for backup access to their equipment. A few questions:
1) Do they give you a public IP per connection or do you tunnel back to a
central location and then connect via the tunnel?
2) Which carriers offer this and what kind of devices do you use to
connect? Is it simply a GSM card on a "MyFi" like device? We have lots of
Pi's out there that we want backup access to.
3) Can you send off list contacts and pricing that you have gotten in the
past?

TIA.

Dovid