nanog mailing list archives

Re: Segment Routing for L2VPN?

From: Jeff Tantsura <jeff.tantsura () ericsson com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 18:32:52 +0000

Hi,

In most well designed IP routing stacks the way to get to a labeled
(tunneled) next hop is decoupled from a service, so if a service requires
such next hop it is upto (usually RIB) to return one (best, multiple might
exist) which would be used for forwarding. If it is a Segment Routed one
so it will then be used.

Cheers,
Jeff