nanog mailing list archives

Re: /27 the new /24

From: Jeremy Austin <jhaustin () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 12:17:26 -0800

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 12:51 PM, Todd Underwood <toddunder () gmail com>
wrote:

you already know that that's not how the internet in the rural west works.
 it's fine.  smile and nod and pretend that they are making sensible claims
and move back to trying to figure out how to make things work on your own
network.

Thank you, Todd. While I must take some exception to your use of the word
'hinterlands' [1] rather than 'frontier', you're right on the mark
everywhere else. :)

With all the talk around updating BCPs, perhaps we also need IUPs --
Interesting Uncommon Practices: the edge cases which contrast to, but do
not invalidate, the middle.

-J

[1] Kleinfeld, "The Frontier Romance"
http://www.newsminer.com/features/sundays/book_reviews/kleinfeld-s-book-explores-the-romance-of-the-frontier/article_57da7bda-e15c-11e2-9281-0019bb30f31a.html