nanog mailing list archives

Re: Question re session hijacking in dual stack environments w/MacOS

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 16:42:25 +0200

On 2/Oct/15 07:46, Doug McIntyre wrote:

I suspect this is OSX implementing IPv6 Privacy Extensions. Where OSX
generates a new random IPv6 address, applies it to the interface, and then
drops the old IPv6 addresses as they stale out. Sessions in use or not.

sudo sysctl -w net.inet6.ip6.use_tempaddr=0

sudo sh -c 'echo net.inet6.ip6.use_tempaddr=0 >> /etc/sysctl.conf'

Interesting. Thanks, Doug.

I just upgraded to El Capitan, so I'll see if there are any changes in
that when I'm back in the office, and then look at your suggestion if
not. Thanks.

Mark.