nanog mailing list archives

Re: Uptick in spam

From: Jutta Zalud <ju () netzwerklabor at>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 13:40:24 +0100

Am 27.10.2015 13:09, schrieb Ian Smith:
On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 9:40 PM, Octavio Alvarez <octalnanog () alvarezp org>
 wrote:

On 26/10/15 11:38, Jürgen Jaritsch wrote:
<snip>

But it is originating all from different IP addresses. Who knows if this
is an attack to get *@jdlabs.fr blocked from NANOG and is just getting
its goal accomplished.

This is the part that's been bugging me.  Doesn't the NANOG server
implement SPF checking on inbound list mail?  jdlabs.fr doesn't appear to
have an SPF record published.  It seems to me that these messages should
have been dropped during the connection.

If it does (which I don't know), it will probably check the SPF record
of the delivering mailserver, which was not *.jdlabs.fr as far as I can
see from the mailheaders.

Jutta Zalud