nanog mailing list archives

Re: Spamhaus BGP feed experiences?

From: Max Tulyev <maxtul () netassist ua>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 21:38:11 +0300

How much false positives (i.e. blackholing traffic users want to reach)?

On 18.05.15 21:04, Marco d'Itri wrote:
On May 17, Mike Lyon <mike.lyon () gmail com> wrote:

Any ISPs out there (big or small) ever used the Spamhaus BGP feed to
prevent against botnet, spam, etc? If so, how has your experience been? Is
it worthwhile? Has it helped? On / off list responses are appreciated in
advance.
We use Spamhaus DROP (not the BGP version: our software asks a human to
review each change).
The benefits are not obvious since we do not have access customers, but
it will blackhole some networks you obviously do not want to talk to,
and it has not caused any troubles either.