nanog mailing list archives

Re: Spamhaus BGP feed experiences?

From: Frederik Kriewitz <frederik () kriewitz eu>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 12:48:28 +0200

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 7:50 AM, Mike Lyon <mike.lyon () gmail com> wrote:
Any ISPs out there (big or small) ever used the Spamhaus BGP feed to
prevent against botnet, spam, etc? If so, how has your experience been? Is
it worthwhile? Has it helped? On / off list responses are appreciated in
advance.

We've been using the BGP feed for a little over a year now.
We had some problems with malware infected end user PCs causing
upstream congestion resulting in "slow internet" complains.
The spamhouse feed definitely helped a little with our problem but
it's not the magic super tool to completely stop malware in your
network.
On the other hand there was no complain due to a false positive (a
couple of years ago we had one complain due to a false positive on the
EDROP list).

Best Regards,
Frederik Kriewitz