nanog mailing list archives

Re: content regulation, was Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 17:53:38 -0800

On Mar 1, 2015, at 14:01 , John R. Levine <johnl () iecc com> wrote:

Well, actually, it does.  Every broadband network in the US
currently blocks outgoing port 25 connections from retail customers.

Unfortunately, that's not entirely true.  (Very) recent direct-to-MX spam
from Comcast customers:

Well, it's supposed to be blocked, according to people I've talked to
at Comcast and T-W as recently as a week ago.  I can believe that they
have configuration problems on a networks of that size.

fairly certain that none of these folk block port 25 on their business
customer links.

As I said above, retail customers.  Business customers get static IPs and generaly no blocking.

R's,
John

Business customers only get static from Comcast if they pay extra for it.

Owen