nanog mailing list archives

Re: Is it safe to use 240.0.0.0/4

From: "Ricky Beam" <jfbeam () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 01:18:24 -0400

On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 21:17:53 -0400, Ca By <cb.list6 () gmail com> wrote:
 https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wilson-class-e-02

Proposed and denied. Please stop this line and spend your efforts on ipv6

By APNIC. Cisco did, too, btw. And they weren't first, either. Nor is this going to be the last time someone suggests it.

To paraphrase Curran (since he's not popping by to say it), it's a lot of work that ultimately yields a small amount of space that's STILL going to run out. 16 /8's won't fix the problem.

Just deploy IPv6 already. Sure, there's plenty to complain about -- and we do complain! -- but it's what we have.

--Ricky