nanog mailing list archives

Re: 2.4Ghz 40Mhz 802.11n wifi and Apple Macbook

From: "Ricky Beam" <jfbeam () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 19:15:42 -0400

On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 17:09:16 -0400, Steve Mikulasik <Steve.Mikulasik () civeo com> wrote:
Is this one of those requirements that gets ignored? I have seen plenty of 40Mhz SSIDs polluting spectrum in areas with lots of overlapping APs.

It's not supposed to be. But what is (originally) submitted for testing and what you get off the shelf are very likely to be different. And then there are vendors that don't bother to be certified.

For reference: my WRT54G-V6 (non-n, doesn't do 40MHz) has a certificate, but doesn't carry the logo -- it was also made well after the 2006 certified date. The Ubee DDW3611 hanging on the wall has a logo, but no certificate (the 3610 has one, from 2010.)