nanog mailing list archives

Re: 2.4Ghz 40Mhz 802.11n wifi and Apple Macbook

From: Mike Hammett <nanog () ics-il net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 08:15:29 -0500 (CDT)

It'd be nice if IEEE would start supporting smaller channel sizes and a sync method in the 802.11 specifications. make
the default channel size 5 MHz and it auto increases as necessary. 20 meg Internet could get by just fine on
interference free 5 MHz. Have a 1588-like sync mechanism sent from the ISP for residential (or your controller for
public\business use) to have them transit in sync as well to reduce interference.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com