nanog mailing list archives

Re: Enterprise network as an ISP with a single huge customer

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 21:57:59 -0400

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 1:08 PM, Stepan Kucherenko <twh () megagroup ru> wrote:
Hello,

I'm sure lots of you work for big enterprises, and some of you work for
biggest of them.

How many of you architect your network as an ISP, with that enterprise as
the biggest customer ? Office networks in l3vpn, VPLS/EVPN on top of your
own network for DCI, etc ? Or is it usually just a single IGP domain with no
unnecessary bells and whistles ?

it's nice to have the tools to segregate traffic/users/things...
mpls/etc is one method to do that... I don't know that many
enterprises pursue this path though :( which is sad (I think).