nanog mailing list archives

Re: Android (lack of) support for DHCPv6

From: Michael Thomas <mike () mtcc com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 10:34:21 -0700

The thing about this is that I get the impression that there was violent agreement that DHCPv6 with PD would be Good Thing. I think that the disagreement is about single address assignments being a Bad Thing or Good Thing.

For Android, it seems that if operators implemented the ability to fetch a prefix that would be great for Android. For operators, if you do DHCPv6-PD and Android implements it... the camel's nose is under the tent...

Mike