nanog mailing list archives

Re: Looking for information on IGP choices in dual-stack networks

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 17:00:49 -0400

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Joe Abley <jabley () hopcount ca> wrote:

On 9 Jun 2015, at 16:23, Christopher Morrow wrote:

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 3:21 PM, Randy Bush <randy () psg com> wrote:
If you have a production dual-stack network, then we would like to know
which IGP you use to route IPv4 and which you use to route IPv6.

in one network, both ospfs.  in another is-is.  i recommend the latter.

We would also like to know roughly how many routers are running this
combination.

why is the question /routers/ and not /networks/ ?

Routers makes more sense to me than networks (IGP, so one network, right?)

that confuses me, the logic I mean...

I suppose in a single network I'd expect to see one igp for an address
family (ospf or ospfv3). Not "eastcoast devices do ospf (stodgy
bastards!) and westcoast goes isis!"