nanog mailing list archives

Re: Dual stack IPv6 for IPv4 depletion

From: Mel Beckman <mel () beckman org>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 14:05:53 +0000

Jared,

Tunneling gets customers onto IPv6 with little trouble. I've deployed hundred of Apple Airports in this capacity and
they have no problem with speeds of 200Mbps and more, and they rarely have downtime. The firmware is auto-updating and
is kept very current by Apple. The one feature they don't support well is IPv6 DNS, since Airport has no DHCPv6
support. But an IPv4 name server works fine since the customers have an IPv4 link already.

-mel