nanog mailing list archives

Re: HTTPS redirects to HTTP for monitoring

From: "John Levine" <johnl () iecc com>
Date: 18 Jan 2015 18:15:09 -0000

So your idea is to block every HTTPS website?
From my point of view, it is better than violate user privacy & safety.

Sneaky is evil.

I expect your users would fire you when they found you'd blocked access to Google.

These boxes that violate end to end encryption are a great place for
hackers to steal the bank and identity info of everyone in your company.

Since the end user machines are generally running Windows, why would bad guys
waste time on a much harder and more obscure target?