nanog mailing list archives

RE: Intrusion Detection recommendations

From: "Keith Medcalf" <kmedcalf () dessus com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 22:42:30 -0700

German Shepherd Dogs are wonderful intrusion detection devices.  In a lot of cases they also server as excellent
intrusion prevention devices as well.

(Must be Friday night)
:-)

---
Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.  Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
Sometimes theory and practice are combined:  nothing works and no one knows why.