nanog mailing list archives

Re: Recommended wireless AP for 400 users office

From: Paul Nash <paul () nashnetworks ca>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 08:48:53 -0500

It’s the “remote capture” that scares me.

I was testing some Meraki kit, called their NOC to try to debug some Radius issues, tech tells me “oh yes, I can see
your traffic going hither and yon between the test client and test server that are both in your office, and looking at
the packet contents I can see ….”

With Ruckus (or almost any other) gear, I have to either open up a hole through my firewall or grab the packet traces
and send them to the tech folk.  They don’t have uncontrolled access to my internal traffic out of the box.

        paul